Thursday, June 26, 2008

Hackers and Hollywood: Best Presentation Award


As I mentioned in a previous posting, I had a paper at the 3rd International Conference for Internet Technology and Secured Transactions whose title is "Hackers and Hollywood: Considering Filmic Cyberthreats in Security Risk Analysis". It was well received by the international audience of Computer Security researchers, and was presented with the Best Presentation Award at the conference dinner yesterday. This was a totally unexpected surprise for me, I authored the paper to discuss a small issue in the process of undertaking risk analysis in computer security policies, and definitely didn't imagine it was going win an award.

I guess the fact that the paper was about movies helped in its appeal a lot, everyone in the audience had familiarity with some of the movies mentioned and the issues being discussed were relatively straightforward, that said, to have a group of lecturers present you with an award for giving the best lecture of the conference is a real honour and makes me think that I must be doing something right. The presentation (without video clips) is available below;
Hackers and Hollywood

1 comment:

Colin Mooney said...

Hi Damian,

Congratulations on your award at the conference.

Rgds,
Colin